Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Projections

Projections

The First thing i did was to pick a night image because i thought a shadow in front of a city life photo would look great. However after experimenting, I found that i was wrong. So i went back to finding an image that i thought would look creative on the background of my model. I picked an image of Big Ben with Westminster Abbey and a bus in the scene. I experimented with different standing positions and the most effective look was when the model held both of his arms up.



After i played around with this picture on Photoshop, i gave it a threshold look
which gave it an old fashioned effect which i quite liked. The threshold look darkened the picture, in essence giving more shadows to the picture. This meant that the details such as the models face and clothing wouldn't be seen. However having details in the background such as big ben, it made the picture look like it was from an old fashioned newspaper article or a photographers old sketchbook.

For these pictures I used an ISO of 100, and the cameras exposure was set to 1/4 and F4 to increase the time limit the shutter would be open for. By increasing the exposure to 1/4, it meant that I was letting more light into the shutter because the shutter would be open for longer.
 
For a darker picture and ISO of 300-500 and an a lower exposure of 1/15 would mean that the shutter would be open for a shorter amount of time, meaning that less light would be allowed into the shutter.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment